We understand how much of a hassle it can be to go through thousands of reviews when you have too many options. So, leave all your worries, check out this ultimate guide, and make a hassle-free purchase decision.
10 Best photo scanner for mac Reviews in 2023
1. Epson Perfection V19 II Color Photo and Document Flatbed Scanner with 4800 dpi Optical Resolution, USB Power and High-Rise, Removable Lid
- Amazing image clarity and detail — 4800 dpi optical resolution (1), ideal for photo enlargements
- Epson ScanSmart software included (4) — easily scan photos, artwork, illustrations, books, documents and more
- One-touch scanning (2) — scan in fewer steps with easy-to-use buttons (2)
- Restore color to faded photos — with one click, Easy Photo Fix technology makes it simple
- Scan books and photo albums — high-rise, removable lid
- Generate searchable PDFs (2) — convert scanned documents to searchable PDF files
- Create editable Microsoft Office documents (2) — scan to Word, Excel and PowerPoint files with optical character recognition (OCR) (2)
- Compact and lightweight — USB powered for portability; 3.1 lb
- Convenient — scan letter-sized documents in as fast as 10 seconds (3)
- Save space — built-in kickstand for vertical placement and storage
Additional Info :
2. Epson Perfection V39 Color Photo & Document Scanner with Scan-To-Cloud & 4800 Optical Resolution, Black
- High quality scanning for photos and documents : 4800 dpi optical resolution (1) for amazing clarity and detail
- Preserve priceless memories: Restore, archive and share family photos for generations to come
- Scan to Google Drive and other cloud services (2): Epson Document Capture Pro and Easy Photo Scan software included
- Convenient: Easy to use buttons for scan jobs, plus a space saving built in kickstand for vertical placement
- Scan over sized prints, documents and artwork : ArcSoft Scan n Stitch Deluxe 2 included (3)
- Restore color to faded photos: With one click, Easy Photo Fix technology makes it simple
- Scan books and photo albums: High rise, removable lid
- Remove dust from scanned photos : Advanced Digital Dust Correction
- Convert scanned documents into editable text: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software included
- USB powered: No AC adapter required
Additional Info :
3. ScanSnap iX1600 Wireless or USB High-Speed Cloud Enabled Document, Photo & Receipt Scanner with Large Touchscreen and Auto Document Feeder for Mac or PC, Black
- Optimized user experience: ScanSnap iX1600 features an intuitive 4.3 inch touch screen for complete end to end scanning and data utilization
- Customize your preference: The scanner supports up to 30 customizable profiles; Customize the profile on the touch screen based on your scanning needs and personalize scanning icons using color, icons or letters
- Scan anywhere you want whenever you want: Wi-Fi compatibility allows you to directly connect to your smart devices or cloud services without a PC, and allows for flexible placement wherever its convenient
- Great for both individuals and teams: Personalized icons for multiple users make it easy to use the touch screen at a glance
- Preserve Photo Memories: Scan 4″ x 6″ photos in under a second with intelligent features such as auto facial orientation and red-eye reduction
Additional Info :
4. Plustek Photo Scanner – ephoto Z300, Scan 4×6 Photo in 2sec, Auto Crop and Deskew CCD Sensor. Support Mac and PC
- The easiest way to scan photos and documents. Supports 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 in sizes photo scanning but also letter and A4 size paper. Optical Resolution is up to 600 dpi ( PS: two setting: 300dpi/ 600dpi).
- Fast and easy, 2 seconds for one 4×6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8×10 size photo@300dpi. You can easily convert about 1000 photos to digitize files in one afternoon and share with your family or friends.
- More efficient than a flatbed scanner. Just insert the photos one by one and then scan. This makes ePhoto much more efficient than a flatbed scanner.
- Powerful Image Enhancement functions included. Quickly enhance and restore old faded images with a click of the mouse.
- ePhoto Z300 works with both Mac and PC : Supports Windows 7/8/10/11 , Mac OS X 10.10 to 13.x , User can download the latest version on Plustek website.
Additional Info :
5. Canon CanoScan LiDE400 Document Scanner, Black
- Advanced Z-Lid accepts books and other thick media for scanning.
- Entire unit runs off USB power.
- Documents can be immediately uploaded to cloud services like OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.10.5 – 10.13, and Linux with ScanGear MP driver installed.
Additional Info :
6. Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner
- Scanner type: Document
- Connectivity technology: USB
- With Auto Scan Mode, the scanner automatically detects what you’re scanning
- Digitize documents and images
Additional Info :
7. Canon imageFORMULA RS40 Photo and Document Scanner, with Auto Document Feeder | Windows and Mac | Scans Photos – Vibrant Color – USB Interface – 1200 DPI – High Speed – Easy Setup
- DIGITIZE PAPER PHOTOGRAPHS – Create lasting memories with digital montages or scrapbooks, share with friends and family or store on a computer or to your current cloud service
- FAST AND EFFICIENT – Scans both sides of photos and documents at the same time with just the touch of a button, at up to 40 items per minute, through an automatic feeder
- BUNDLED SOFTWARE – Includes software for enhancing photos, red-eye correction, digital face smoothing, and more; also scan, create, convert, and edit paper documents
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE – Handles photos and documents including Polaroids, receipts, cards, driver licenses, and tax documents of various sizes and saves them in formats such as JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG, PDF, and PPTX
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY – Supports Windows and Mac; TWAIN driver included
- PEACE OF MIND – Backed by a one-year limited warranty and US-based technical support for imageFORMULA scanners
Additional Info :
8. Brother DS-640 Compact Mobile Document Scanner, (Model: DS640)
- FAST SPEEDS – Scans color and black and white documents a blazing speed up to 16ppm (1). Color scanning won’t slow you down as the color scan speed is the same as the black and white scan speed.
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length and only about 1. 5lbs in weight you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse, even a pocket).
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS-640 mobile scanner is powered via an included micro USB 3. 0 cable allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available. Plug it into you PC or laptop and you are ready to scan.
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan-to” destinations like PC, Network, cloud services, Email and OCR. (2) Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers. (3)
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through prevention/background removal, text enhancement, color drop to enhance scans. Software suite includes document management and OCR software. (4)
Additional Info :
9. Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-Speed Photo and Document Scanning System, Black
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner (1) — scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi (2); batch-scan up to 36 photos at a time
- Preserve Your Priceless Photos — restore, organize, protect and share photos; scan Polaroid photos, panoramas, postcards and photos up to 8″ x 10″
- Share Stories for Future Generations — use the Epson FastFoto app (3) to add voice and text over your photos or create slideshows, right from your smartphone
- Perfect Picture Imaging System — bring new life to old photos with auto enhancement, color restoration, red-eye reduction, de-skew, crop and rotate
- Single-step Technology — capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back of a photo in a single scan
- Flexible Scanning — offers a variety of format options for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi (4)); handles multiple sizes in one batch; mobile (up to 600 dpi JPEG)
- Powerful Document Scanning — includes Epson ScanSmart software with optical character recognition (OCR), which converts scanned images into readable text; scan documents up to 240″; scan speeds up to 45 ppm/90 ipm (5)
- Easy Auto-upload and Backup — instantly share your memories as you scan via Dropbox and Google Drive(6)
- Easy to Connect — includes both USB and wireless connectivity (7) for flexible placement; easy Wi-Fi setup with the Epson FastFoto app
- SafeTouch Technology — for worry-free scanning of delicate photos; carrier sheet included, plus microfiber cloth to lightly dust photos
Additional Info :
10. Doxie Go SE Wi-Fi – Simplify Going Paperless with The First Easy-to-Use Wireless Document & Photo Scanner with Portable Scanning, Unlimited Searchable Documents & Seamless Software for Mac, PC, & iOS
- 🤹 THE AMAZING PORTABLE PAPERLESS MACHINE: A smart scanner for all your paper, receipts, photos, classwork, and “I don’t want this, but what if I need it later?” items rolled into one tiny, battery-powered, portable scanner for Mac, PC, & iOS. Scanning takes seconds — just insert your sheet and then insert another.
- 🧾 WIRELESS & FLEXIBLE: Doxie doesn’t tie you into yet another product ecosystem. You deserve control over how you keep and organize your paper. It’s your paper — do what you want with it! Doxie apps let you save, share, and send your docs, receipts, and photos to the cloud.
- 🙏 RESPECTS YOUR TIME, ATTENTION, & SPACE: Use Doxie wherever you find most convenient — home, the office, work at home, school, or anywhere else in-between — like the couch while binging The Home Edit or Tidying Up with Marie Kondo. Doxie is battery powered with memory, so there’s no need to sit at your desk. Scan up to 400 pages per charge.
- 🔍 SEARCH EVERYTHING WITH UNMATCHED OCR: Unlimited searchable document functionality included, enhanced with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning for incredible accuracy. Search the contents of all your files at once by merely typing a name, account number, or detail from one of your documents saved as a PDF with optical character recognition (OCR).
- 🫂 EXPERT PAPERLESS SUPPORT W/ FREE DOXIECARE: We’ve thought about your paper, so you don’t have to. Exclusive access to the best support in the scanner industry to help you scan, organize, or simply provide tips on the best ways to scan your paper. Every new Doxie includes a 1-year DoxieCare manufacturer warranty and a new friend in going paperless (hi!).
Additional Info :
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying the photo scanner for mac
As you already know, research is essential before making any purchase. So, there are some factors you should consider before starting your research. This is important so that you can make your entire buying process as hassle-free as possible.
Remember, your time has as much value as your money. So, there are a few things you should determine which will affect your research as well.
There are a few questions you should ask yourself to determine your course of research on the photo scanner for mac:
- Is this photo scanner for mac serving the purpose of purchase? What are your expectations from the product?
- What functions must the photo scanner for mac have? Are there any specific functions that you are seeking in the product?
- Is there a specific budget, or is the budget flexible?
- Will the photo scanner for mac require maintenance and upkeep costs?
- Are you looking to buy the photo scanner for mac online or offline? What will be the best places to purchase the product?
- Where will you seek reliable information on the photo scanner for mac?
Having multiple options from various brands can get confusing, so ask yourself these questions to narrow down your research.
Once you determine your expectations from the photo scanner for mac and your price range, you decide which ones you must research. The research will help you determine the pros and cons. But before that, where will you get the reliable information to conduct your research?
Sources for Research
It’s 2023, and your best sources for information and research can be found online. Google photo scanner for mac and you will find the best selling online marketplaces available. Visit any or each of them to learn about the specifications and prices given on your photo scanner for mac.
You will be able to find the best deals out of all the options. You can also watch some YouTube videos on the product to see for yourself the functionality of the photo scanner for mac.
Advantages of Buying Products from Online Sites
Online sites provide a variety of benefits that make your selection and buying process easier. Here are some of the advantages of buying products from online sites:
Reliable online sites give you the benefit of comparing prices and finding the best deals. Platforms like Amazon.com work with manufacturers directly to provide better deals. And the coupons and occasional discounts add to it.
There are no intermediaries in between to make the buying process easy. And the best part? No trouble of going to the shop.
Renowned online sites like Newegg, Amazon, Walmart have branches all over the country. Their transaction and delivery policies are reliable compared to other e-commerce platforms.
More Variety – the best part about online shopping platforms. These sites give you access to a vast variety of options to choose from.
Suppose you go to Amazon.com. Search photo scanner for mac and up comes options of the product in different prices, brands, and specs. You get to browse these options from the comfort of your home and save time.
You can choose the one that fits your need from your preferred seller. Yes, online platforms even give you the option to choose your seller.
These online sites have numerous customer reviews of the products shown. So, you know which product is authentic and which seller is authorized. And for these facilities provided, they are trustworthy and credible.
Other additional benefits of shopping from online sites would be the facility of easy return and record of the purchase. Online sites are constantly making changes to make shopping easy and hassle-free from the comfort of our homes.
How to Select the photo scanner for mac
Making your final decision can pose to be a challenge. But worry not. We have a few suggestions to make your selection process easier.
Before that, we would recommend you opt for sites like Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, and Best Buy for your purchase.
So the factors you should consider while selecting your photo scanner for mac would be:
Hop on to any of these sites and search the options you have shortlisted. Then compare the prices and look for discounts. Don’t forget to factor in shipping charges as well.
Once you get the best favorable deal, you can opt for the photo scanner for macto match your need.
Price and brand are somewhat interrelated. Usually, high-end brands charge more. But higher price does not mean a better choice.
So, opt for the brand that meets your need the best.
Factor in the functionality of the product as it is very crucial. Check if the specs meet your need. Consider buying the one that will last in the longer run.
Understand the photo scanner for mac specs and functionality to determine its use for you.
As we mentioned before, online sites usually have a review section. This section is filled with customer feedbacks and even pictures of the product.
Browsing through these reviews is the smartest thing to do. These reviews allow you to comprehend how the product will work for you. You can even determine the pros and cons of these reviews.
Check the rating on the website to learn if the seller is delivering the photo scanner for mac as expected by the other buyers.
All these factors will contribute to choosing your best photo scanner for mac that meets your expectations. So, use your time efficiently.
And that is all for the ultimate guide to buying the photo scanner for mac. We hope you can make your purchase confidently. Happy Shopping!